Monday 2 April 2012

Arms & Legs

Pregnancy Update: 24+6 Weeks 106 Days to Go!

Taken on April 1st 2012 at Gorge Wildlife Park
I really feel like there is some sort of team sport going on inside of me sometimes, but somedays there is nothing. We are getting to the point in this pregnancy where we really should be thinking about names and what we are going to call the dear little man (that’s right it’s a BOY!).

I came across a post over at The Wordslinger’s Blog titled “Stop! In The Name Of…Terrible Baby Names” and needless to say thought that it was rather fitting to my own Baby name Crisis. My partner thinks that “Floyd” is a pretty fitting name for a little boy in the 21st centry. I personally think that having a name like that in this day and age will give everyone including family the right to beat him up everyday of his life (and I in no way condone that form of bullying). Kids can be cruel, they were when I was younger and they are now nothing has changed. I just don’t want my little boy to be ridiculed every day of his life because his Daddy got his own way in the name department.

There are many names that I am rather fond of, but here are my top 10 with meanings included:
  1. Cooper – Middle English meaning Barrel Maker
  2. Wyatt - French meaning Guide
  3. Hunter – Anglo Saxon meaning Hunter
  4. Alexander – Greek meaning Great Protector of Humankind
  5. Jackson – Scottish meaning God has Shown Favour or Son of Jack
  6. Sebastian - Greek/Latin meaning Majestic
  7. Harrison – English meaning Son of Harry
  8. Finn – Irish meaning Fair
  9. Rider - English meaning Knight
  10. Hudson - English meaning Son of the Hooded Man
Any input from my fellow followers would be greatly appreciated, and I will keep you updated if and when we manage to agree on a name.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, love ALL those names! Finn or Rider are probably my faves. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete