Wednesday 10 October 2012

Art Journaling # 1 - Just Getting Started

It has been a little while since I have posted here and now that my little boy is a little older I seem to have a little more time on my hands, although not all that much.

After stumbling across Tangie Baxter's Blog and seeing all the fantastic work she has created, I decided to purchase a few of her Art Journaling Workshops from Scrapbook Graphics. I admit I have gone a little overboard on the purchases, but as I am currently a SAHM (well at least until January) I figured what the hey!

I have a seemingly endless supply of scrapbooking and art supplies, and feel as if it is about time I start using them. So after watching a video on you tube that was created by Tangie Baxter about using Composition books as Junque Journals I decided that I will have to start using my supply of Composition books for just that. So far I have created a few pages and glued them into the first of many books.

I have also started to explore the world of digital art journaling and using one of the many digital kits that I purchased from Deviant Scrap I came up with the following A5 size page:

Created using Digital Kits from Deviant Scrap
The kits that were used were titled Diary Declassified and Junque Journal made by Beth Rimmer. I also used a Gesso Overlay made by Tangie Baxter, and some Photoshop Brushes from various sources (if you are the creator of them please let me know so I can credit you accordingly).

Well I best be getting on now, got alot of creating to do. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment